Monday, September 03, 2007

Frex 07

We took JJ to the Frex yesterday after supper. We were planning to go today but I bumped it up because I wanted to enjoy one last day of really warm weather. That didn't work out so well. It was cloudy up until about 4 pm. I was a little pissy about it so I hid out in bed for over an hour while JJ watched a movie.

Right, so back to the frex. JJ loved it. She is such a little daredevil. The faster the ride, the happier she is. She asked me to go on the ferris wheel but I told her no. Then I told her the very honest truth why I wouldn't go. I am absolutely terrified of the ferris wheel. I'm not kidding. I love to fly, I've parasailed, flown a plane, climbed waterfalls, and dived off cliffs but I hate the ferris wheel. About 10 years ago, I decided to get over my fear and try it again. What a mistake. I got up there and I was so terrified that I couldn't even breath. There is nothing I'm more afraid of than that ferris wheel. Put me on the zipper spinning over and over and I'm fine. Stange, huh?

This next part is rather judgemental but here is goes. Is it just me or does the frex attract the rather icky part society. There always seems to be alot of dirtballs walking around. But then again, maybe I look like that too. It always cracks me up to see some the teenage girls all dressed in their frex finery. You know, the tight jeans with their thong hanging out, long dangly earrnings, cleavage showing shirts, and heavy black eyeliner. The walk around like they are the cat's meow and they are clearly on the prowl for the opposite sex. Then I walk around the corner and I see their toothless mothers all dressed up and on the prowl too. Shoot for the stars ladies, if you try hard enough you might get a free ride...and you can take that one to the bank.

Ahhh...did I meniton the frex is back in town?

8 comments:

Kimmartha said...

Aaaah, the Frex - we are heading there on Wednesday. And rest assured, my daughter will not be in her "Frex finery"!! That was too funny..expecially about their mothers. So sad that it's actually true!!!

proudmamma said...

Your descripton of the teenage cuties reminds me of two young girls (with big hair, stretchy jeans and black T-shirts) hanging out at the Stanley fair, flirting with the carnies and thinkin' they were hot stuff. Hmmmm...those were the days ;)

The Original Princess said...

Proudmamma - I've never heard of that in my entire life.

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you Princess...the frex brings out Freddy's finest!!!!

Anonymous said...

Unhuh ... shouldn't throw stones ... wasn't that long ago that we were all doing that!

Unknown said...

That's the one thing I miss about living in that area.
**sigh** I miss the FREX...

gypsybug said...

The local fairs and carnivals bring out the best in any area. We went to the Woodstock fair this summer and OUCH...there were some doesers there!! Fairs are relatively cheap so for some this is their once a year outing....I don't sit on a high horse but I too feel a bit better that others at fairs. Call me stuck-up, but that is the honest truth!

Sunny said...

I went on Monday with my kids and Heather wanted to go on the Zipper so bad so I finally agreed to go on it. BIG MISTAKE!!! I've been on the scariest of rollercoasters at Canada's Wonderland and I've been on the Zipper many times as a stupid teenager however this was the scariest thing I've ever done. I don't think I've said so many swear words in my life!!! I'm going to blog about it I was so scared. My friends who came with us were laughing their butts off listening to me scream. I'm going to have to blog about it. NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I GO ON THAT RIDE!!!!!