Monday, May 21, 2007

Shrek

We went to see Shrek 3 this afternoon. It was pretty good and I was all set to post a photo of JJ all ready to go wearing her Shrek ears. However, the little bugger refused to let me take a picture. She is rather cranky today. Not sure why.
She loved Shrek and for whatever reason was very into the fight scenes. She kept telling me that Fiona is brave and would fight to save Shrek. Every time she says fight she punches in the air. I wasn't sure we were going to make it to the end. There is a part of the movie where Shrek dreams about his impending fatherhood and we see lots of ogre babies. After that scene, JJ turns to me and says "Okay, I've seen Shrek's babies. Let's go." She wanted to leave so she could go fishing with her new Shrek fishing rod. I told her she was only going fishing if she stayed until the end of the movie. LOL...I'm a mean Momma.
So after the movie, she and I hopped in the car and went down to the stream behind the fire station to go fishing. Believe me there were no fish going to be caught with the medallion on the end of her line. The water was running very fast so I didn't even take my camera down. I was more focused on keeping her out of the drink than getting photos.
She's just having a snack and then were heading to Nanny and Grampie's so she can plant seeds with them. We've basically packed a weekend of activities into one semi nice day.

1 comment:

Queen Mel said...

don't say anymore about Shrek.......I can't wait to go next weekend.....

Poor JJ nobody to bait her hook, you have her think she's fishin' when all she was doin' was "practicing".....LOL

Your going to have to come up here to go fishing.....Lee can bait all hooks....