Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dance Extravaganza


I want to give fair warning that this post is going to full of shameless bragging and Momma Bear pride. So without further ado, can I just say that my daughter is an freaking SUPERSTAR!!!!!

Tonight was the second dance show. JJ was adorable last night...a Princess, if you will. But tonight...tonight she owned that stage! She rocked that stage. She is damn awesome. The lights came on and she flashed us a grin, gave us a wave and then shook what her Momma gave her.




She has loved going to dancing this year but she doesn't always listen to her teachers and follow their moves. She likes to improvise. So I was wondering, but not worry because she's only 3, how she would do in the show. I had no worries that she would perform on the stage. I just wondered what she would choose to perform. I'm very proud to say that she did the same dance as the group on both night. But tonight she did even better than last night.
Last night....sigh, I cried. I mean full on tears and that sore feeling in your throat from trying to hold it in. Two acts later, and I was still sniffling.
As the lights dimmed, Bonnie's voice came over the sound system, and the curtain rose, I got that old, familiar feeling in my stomach that I always got before going on stage. I didn't dance for that long and the show is only once a year. But I performed alot in other things. Shelley, you'll appreciate this....I even thought to myself "I have to pee." I think it was those feelings combined with seeing my baby on that big stage that made my cry harder than I anticipated.
I was never very good at dancing, think Elaine Benis, but I as I watched last night and tonight I missed it. I wonder if they offer remedial dance classes for ridiculously uncoordinated adults?
I guess that's dance for this year. I can't wait to do it all again next year. Just let me leave you with this - My kid is a rockstar.

8 comments:

Madiegirl said...

Hmmmm...owned the stage eh ? i wonder where she gets that ;-) You have every reason to be bragging....that outfit is too too cute :-)

Kimmartha said...

OK, I have to admit - she was so cute last night that I took pics of her too!!! I have also thought about looking into dance for me - I used to do it years ago...but I make Elaine look like the superstar!!!

The Original Princess said...

Awww thanks girls. Kim, we didn't even get to see Adrianna before the intermission. I always scan the program for people I know.

Shelley told me last year that they were offering a refresher (?) tap class for adults. Unfortunately, I'm horrible at tap.

proudmamma said...

WOW! What a cutie! You have every right to be ultra-proud. I mean she is just so damn cute! There's nothin' like that feeling...I cry tears of joy & excitement at all events that include my babies...I think you're expected to SOB when your baby is on stage. I just wish I could have seen her in action. Perhaps a privat show?

Sunny said...

I had the same tightness in the throat and watery eyes when my baby was dancing in the Emerald show...well each year that she dances. I always get that longing to dance too. I used to be a pretty good dancer but was never in dance because my parents were too damn poor to put us in anything.
They do have adult classes though. I've always toyed with the idea of joining up but now I am a bit aprehensive since the outfits would not flatter my rounder figure.
Glad JJ had two wonderful performances. Looking forward to September when we start all over again.

NickyT said...

What a sweetie! The first pic her foot is doing the shuffle so quickly it is blur! Seeing our child on stage does give that proud, swollen chest feeling as it should:) Plus, Bonnie coming on and announcing the *Stars* always gives me goosebumps!!! I wished I could of went....did you buy the VHS or tape it?
Shake the thing her Momma gave her...made me laugh out loud! *love it*!

Queen Mel said...

awww, she is so cute and I don't doubt that she was amazing, she always is......this morning at d/c she called me "Mel" damn she's cute.....Mama...you've done a spectacular job!!!!!

BTW, if anyone signs up for adult tap dance...I never got to go as a kid - I will go? No cat suits though...not yet :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, you'll have to have a showing of the tape - I assume you taped it?!?!? It's amazing the emotions that kids bring on you (good and bad - we've been in the bad lately, so it's good to read such a heartwarming blog!)

R