Monday, May 28, 2007

Lucky

I've had too much time to think again. This really has to stop. Today I got thinking about my friends. I'm pretty lucky to have such a great group of friends. They keep my secrets, encourage me, put up with my stunts, and even encourage my Princess behaviour. And those are only the highlights. I would be here all day if I listed everything. Love you all. Kisses.

Do you have people in your life that you just "clicked" with the instant you met? I'm lucky enough to have a couple of people like that. These are people that I became friends with almost the instant we met and the comfort level (for me anyway) was like I'd known them all my life. You know, they're are the people you get really excited to see, make you feel happy when you're with them, and then you're sad to see them go.

In one instance, we knew of each other, went to a gathering together, then 2 weeks later went to another gathering. In no time at the 2nd gathering, we were nicely warmed up by alcohol, sitting propped up against a fridge spilling our life stories to one another.

I had lunch with another one today. I'm not sure we even had a proper introduction in the beginning. Our friendship started with a passing comment and we just seem to be instant friends...stuck with me for life This person just seems to get me and always brings a smile to my face. I'm always happy to see them and then sad to leave.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of you but doesn't everyone have one or two people that just occupy a special place?

Hmmm...it would seem I'm a bit sentimental this afternoon. Now let's not starting guessing, naming people, or asking who I'm talking Just take it for what it is and leave it alone. There I'm not sentimental anymore.

On another note, I tried the new FD lemon-lime flavour this weekend. YUM! Taste just like lemonade.

4 comments:

Queen Mel said...

People like that are hard to come by, some people never get that lucky to have one in a lifetime.......

Madiegirl said...

WOW ! what got in to you ;-)
Totally know what you're saying. i've got a couple and I don't know how I ever survived/would survive without them. Really, they tell me like it is which I really need but know when to be easy on me :-)

The Sarcastic Mommy said...

Oh stop, you don't have to tell everyone how much you love me!! haha.

Anonymous said...

OK - I'm pms-y today... Some friends you know are always going to be there for you, even when you don't see them for awhile, you know they're always there for you. It gives you such a sense of belonging :) OK - does this make sense?? I dunno, but I feel ya :)

R