Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Reno Reatlity

Last Monday, Victoria Day, I was in JJ's bathroom when I decided that it needed to be re-done. Well, shit or get off the pot, I say and so I promptly tore the wall paper off the wall. It's just a matter of stripping the wallpaper and slapping on some paint, right? Wrong.

Later that evening, I stripped of the bottom layer of wallpaper, Tuesday night, I washed the walls and patched the small holes and blemishes, Wednesday night I sanded the patches and patched some other blemishes I didn't see the first time, Thursday night I sanded again. Friday was the big dance show.

Saturday, I finally went out on bought the paint. I chose a lovely shade of green from the Debbie Travis line of paint. I take it to the counter and ask them to color match it for me in the Canadian Tire brand. I'm not paying for Debbie Travis paint for a three year old's bathroom. Well, no can do. Apparently, she has her line trademarked (or whatever the term is) and it can't be color matched. Whatever, I'm not watching her show anymore. I get paint and I light fixture, both on sale, and I head out. Next I go to Zellers and get a new mirror for the bathroom, and because I have Sarahdipity, I got it for 25% off. I can finally head home.

Saturday evening Eric installs the light fixture. Oops, it would seem that small little light bulbs don't throw off enough light. The room is somewhat like a cave. The Mister did tell me before hand not to get a light fixture with those bulbs but I didn't listen. He muttered a few choice words as he walked down the hall after the installation was done. While I was at the dance show, he took it down and I got a new one at Kent later that evening. With regular size light bulbs.

Sunday, he installs the new fixture and I paint. That lovely shade of green I chose? Looks like crap. It was the most craptacular shade of crap green ever. Crap. End of painting. That night I found a can of paint in the basement that I liked better anyway. Somewhere along the way, I also decided that it would be a good idea to sand and re-stain the vanity a darker shade. So I haul off the doors and start on that project. Am I on crack?!?!?!

Finally last night, I got the new coat of paint on and I really like it. The new mirror is up and all I have left to do is finish sanding and then stain the vanity, which I will do tonight.

Last night after I was done painting and JJ was in bed I headed out the grocery store to pick up a few things. I noticed people were looking at me but I was having a good hair day yesterday. This one man seemed to be moving about the store in the same direction as me and he kept looking at me. He even smiled at me a few times. I'm thinking "Hmmm....must be a really good hair day." Whatever, I just go about my shopping and head home. After I got everything put away, I went into the washroom to take my contacts out because my eyes were itchy. I look in the mirror and I realize....that man was smiling at the big glob of green paint in my hair. Sophistimacated.

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

doh Princess

Can't wait to see this bathroom

NickyT said...

You feel for me right now then right :) The past Month has been hectic around here. We did the whole bathroom thing you described right down to a *T*.
I suck at picking out paint colors. I'm learning though. One time when I had a ducky themed bathroom I picked out a yellow.....Rob said Nick that is To bright. I ignored him. By gawd you didn't even need the light when the paint went on it was NEON yellow!

Sunny said...

ha ha! That's hilarious!!!

Glad the reno went well in the end...it was almost to the point where you may have had to call Mike Holmes to come and fix you up!

Amy O said...

I saw Debbie TRavis at my grocery store in Westmount. She lives here!

Anonymous said...

Where?!?!?! Where do you get the time?!?!?!

R

proudmamma said...

You are just so silly....you always knew how to make me laugh. I really do think you need a paper column...;)