Thursday, May 03, 2007

Eyes Shut Tight

I was driving again today. An hour in each direction which gives me lots of time to think. You know what I noticed today? I close my eyes at very inappropriate times.

I'm thinking it is not a good idea to close your eyes and sing while driving 120 km/hr on the road between Fredericton and Harvey. Hell, it's not really a good idea to do that on any road. But that highway is particularly bumpy.

I also noticed that I close my eyes when anything bad/unnerving happens while I'm driving. I almost ran over and squirrel and immediately closed my eyes. I've noticed in the past that if I have a near-miss with another car, I immediately close my eyes. I'm no expert but I'm thinking that if you are about to hit another car it might just be a good idea to open your eyes and keep all of your faculties about you.

The Mister almost rear ended a car on the bridge last night...you guessed it - I closed my eyes very tight. If I can see it, it doesn't exist...witness testimony be damned.

I was walking outside today and it was cold. What did I do? Close my eyes. Because closing my eyes and walking into things/people on Queen St is sure to make me warmer.

All of a sudden a light bulb is going on in my head. I might not get myself into so much trouble if I kept my eyes open more often. I bet you 10 to 1 that I closed my eyes when the garage door came down on the back of the car. Ahhhhhh....good times.

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

how does that work? Ms Observant closes her eyes alot....hmmmmmmm, your other senses must be good?

gypsybug said...

I went to a friends house this winter during a storm (not on purpose but is started after I was on the road) and while I was making the corner into her driveway I started to slide on the freezing rain. I did exactly what you are not suppose to do when you start to slide. I closed my eyes, slammed on the brakes, said holy shit and hoped for the best.

Kimmartha said...

I too am an eye-closer - especially in the near-suicide attempts of small rodents!! I also stop breathing. No, I don't hold my breath, I just don't breathe. Hubby laughs at me when he is driving and I do it, but I'm sure he wouldn't be laughing so much if he knew I do it when I'm driving too!!

proudmamma said...

There are a few breath holders in our family. To be polite I won't mention any names. This older gentlemen in particular, holds his breath while walking(like in mall or something) and sees someone who is unattractive(like with lots of peircings ect...). He says he didn't realize he was doing it but can't stop now that he is aware of it. He say he thinks that he might "catch the uglyness". Boy SJ, the more you blog the crazier our family gets!!

The Original Princess said...

Pround Mama - this older gentleman of which you speak, is it the same one who tried to steal my baby in the mall? IF so did he hold his breath then too? LOL

awareness said...

EYES WIDE OPEN! or you will step in something pretty darn stinky.

I would be more concerned about the deer on the side of the road to Harvey than the bumps.

you're a nutty princess......it's a good thing you have sarahdipity.

oh........did you hear loralei is going off the air. I guess she'll be looking for a new job. i wonder if she'd like a job being a snoop?

drop by soon...