Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Beautiful on the Inside and Out

***Fair warning - this post is most definitely an "over share"***

Today I had the super experience of having a colsposcopy (not sure I spelled that right) at the hospital. For those you who have not had the misfortune of this procedure, let me tell you what it is. Basically, the doctor takes a look at your cervix because you've had tests come back showing abnormal cells. Then they treat you or not depending on what they find.

The doctor doing my procedure was a Chatty Cathy. I wasn't too concerned when I walked in because lots of poeple I know have had this done. Plus, I'm very good at practiced indifference. So I get myself up on the table and she starts her business. She gets all set up, takes a look, and says "You have a beautiful cervix." What do you say back to that?!?! I said "Thanks." It has now been confirmed that I am beautiful on the inside. How many of you can say that???

I had to have a biopsy which didn't feel good. She had to do it twice so I didn't feel good twice. Now it hurts to sit down. But what matters is that I'm beautiful on the inside.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have also had a colposcopy, and know the feeling you are referring to. Don't worry it won't last. Too long..

Julie

"The real" MarthaSue said...

holy crp - I am scheduled for one of those...it hurts????

gypsybug said...

too funny..after I had Emily I needed two small stitches and the dr said "OK Amy, I will now give you just a couple stitches to make you look all pretty". To which my mom replied, "If you can make that thing look pretty, can I have a couple stitches too?"

Man I love my mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh good Lord! Your beautiful on the inside too, huh? LOL.

Yes it hurts when they do the biopsy ... any kind of biopsy ... I mean, they are pinching off pieces of your flesh ... ouch!

Anonymous said...

LMAO.....I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh, um yes I do....hehe

Hollee said...

ROTFL! Gawd Love ya P...Only you could get medical affirmation of internal beauty!!

NickyT said...

Ikes, not sure Ikes for the comment for the pain. Keep me posted as tho the results. Been thinking of ya!

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

Well good luck...hope the results all come back A-OK. And P, knew a long time ago you were beautiful on the inside...not in quite an intimate manner but beautiful just the same. : )

coolestgrammie said...

I sympathize Princess. Imagine having to have them every three months for a number of years. Then having the cells shot with gas, next lasered, and finally a quarter inch of your entire uterus taken for biopsy. Don't worry you're not likely to get to that (those were the old days)... but hence I can sympathize. Now for a funny moment, imagine a man enduring it!