Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm Sure It's a Money Making Scheme

That Littlest Princess of mine, she's a tricky little thing. She had been obsessed with money lately. For the record, toonies are her favourite money. In her words, "I love the silver ones with the golden in the middle. I love them so much I will never trade them in, Momma. Never." Okay, as long as we're clear on that.

Make sure you keep your money close to you when my kid is around. She'll swipe before you can even blink and do it with a smile on her face. She is also very persuasive when it comes to asking for your money. It's very difficult to say no to those cute dimples, shining green eyes, and golden curls. But my cute little girl is not exactly trusting. She has a bank account but refuses to put her money in the bank. Nope, she needs to keep it where she can look at it, feel it, and wash it. She's into money laundering...very literally.

Tonight she was eating a pear while I was doing her hair for the dance show and she said "Ouch!" I thought I pulled her hair but she said her teeth hurt. I immediately wondered if she smashed her face into something again but she said she didn't. I started feeling around and sure enough she has 2 loose teeth on the bottom in the very front. She isn't even 5 years old yet. But just today I noticed one of the little girls in her daycare class has lost 2 teeth already.

Of course, JJ was super excited about the loose teeth. She is so excited for the tooth fairy to leave her money that she is beside herself. She's in bed but I'm sure she'll be working those teeth ALL night long. She wanted an apple so she could loosen them some more. I told her just to relax and let them come out on their own.

My child is special. Other than the obvious reasons, she is special because she has an extra tooth. In between her two pointy teeth (I know, I know...very technical) on the bottom she has 5 teeth instead of the normal four. Leave it to my child to have an extra tooth to get more money out of the tooth fairy. It's all a money making scheme I tell you.

No comments: