Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is It or Isn't It?

I was at the mall at lunch time and I found myself having that age old debate - Is it or Isn't it? Is it a shirt or a damn dress? Which one is it?!?!?! Because I'd be so embarrassed to find out I was wearing a shirt that was really a dress. Imagine the horror. I must ask the question - Can anyone really tell if its a dress or a shirt?

These days shirt length has come down quite a bit and I thank the fashion gods for that. However, skirt/dress has come way up. As of Saturday night, I know the dangers of having a dress that is too short. After watching me try to get in a half ton truck at 2 am...there are a few other people who are aware as well. Oops.

I finally gave up at the mall. I bought a pair of shorts and I'm not sure what I'll wear on top. Maybe I'll just say to hell with it all and put on my best tube top/mini skirt and call it a day.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

This new fad of shirt or skirt is horrible!!! I saw some girls at Sweets 2 weeks ago sporting this fashion...they were wearing them as a dress!! It was so short you could see the heat coming off their whoohas!!!!!! Disgusting if you ask me. I would have thought it was a shirt. It is unbelievable the clothes people will wear. I blame it on the Gossip Girls show. The fashion is terrible on that show and people actually want to dress like them!

NickyT said...

I would call it a dress but I believe in order to make it non-slut attire you wear the dress with leggings and flip-flops. And the baby doll halters as a non-faux pas as not per the 80's you wear with a tank top.

Did you have a Britney Spears moment getting into the truck?

Queen Mel said...

See if I had been with you I would have said "pants" you need something underneath that TOP! tee hee