Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oh What a Night!

So what were you all doing at 1 am this morning? It just so happens that Shelley and I were playing arse darts in a parking lot with some hot firemen. Yup, we were. So take that JennyMac and Stacey! I actually declined to participate but thoroughly enjoyed being a spectator. Shelley was right in there judging who dropped their toonies closest to the line.

Ahh...yesterday my sweet cousin Stephanie married her sweet fiance Trent. They are both wonderful people and I'm so excited for them. I've been looking forward to this wedding for a long time and for alot of different reasons. I couldn't wait for Stephanie to have her special day. She and Trent very much deserve their day.

I was very excited for a good family get together. I've mentioned in the past that my family always has fun and last night did not disappoint.

Jan - the hair is gorgeous. Really, I love it. I loved lounging on the couch drinking Slings and mixing them in the back of our father's cars. Somethings never change. The tiaras were an awesome idea. I'm sorry you missed the arse darts. But rest assured that at least once I yelled out "Janet would sooo love this!!!!"

Dad - thanks for always paking the mobile bar. Nuff said.

Tracy - what can I say. I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had last night. You are one friendly lady and I could dance with you all night. Some day, I would like to know what you were saying to the hot firemen while pointing at me. I should also apologize for pretending to be you in the bathroom. But at least I didn't throw away your shirt. You were looking hot last night. But apparently you need some pants in a smaller size.

Jen - Shawnee and I are sorry about your phone. However, I feel this is a good lesson. Never leave your phone unattended around drunk people. It could have been worse. Also, I'm sorry you were cold. Thanks for lending me your pashmina.

Shawnee - Dear, dear Shawnee...you my girl have the patience of a saint. You have so many good qualities that I don't know where to start. You are up for anything and I had a great time on the dance floor with you. Thank goodness you knew how to work that phone (being sober probably helped) or we never could have taken those pictures. Thanks for driving Tracy home. I'm glad you both were able to stay and party with us.

Shelley - Ah, Shelley. I'm so glad you decided to come to the dance. You looked AWESOME! That new drink you introduced me too was the bomb. Though when I first woke up at 5:30 this morning I wasn't sure I'd be thanking you. Luckily it all worked out well in the end. I have things to say to you. 1) I'm proud of you for asking. 2) 47?!?!?!?!?!?!

I had so much fun last night. My first tailgate party (sorry Steph) and game of arse darts (with hot firemen!) in one night. What more could a Princess ask for?

11 comments:

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

HAHAHAHA Tough one to top! : ) Sounds like you had a great time. Awesome!!!

Madiegirl said...

Yeah, very unfortunate ( #2) Thanks :-D Easier than anticipated(#1)
Thanks so much for inviting me ! I had a great time with the Dunphy clan....and the hot firemen... :-)

Madiegirl said...

and PS, arse darts were much closer to 2am :-)) haha

Sunny said...

Awwwwww! I missed all the fun! Glad you and Shelley had a kickass time. Arse darts at 2am?!!!! Awesome! Way better than my weekend wedding. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Let's just say that while you were playing arse darts with the FDP I was long asleep....since 10:30ish. Yup. Fun, fun.
Can't wait to hear the details around the arse darts.

gypsybug said...

My family is the same! nothing like a good ol' wedding to party at! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Jon and I hit the town Saturday night for supper and Dolan's and being 7 months preggo and out is hard. I went home at midnight leaving Jon in town! At least I don't make him go home early!

Anonymous said...

I only wish I ahd been there for the arse darts...you know I would have won! Not alot of things I'm good at but...I ROCK at arse darts! I too enjoyed the mobile bar, probably a little too much. I havn't laughed that hard in a long time. I do believe we need a to celebrate the "Dunphy Princesses" again soon. I'll bring the tieras.
Jan

Queen Mel said...

Sounds like you had a rockin' good family time :o)

awareness said...

Ms Dipity........thank you for the lesson re: definition of arse darts. And, I think it should actually be played while wearing a dress for God's sake.

Is this a Maritime wedding tradition?? I had never heard of the game until this week. I lead an incredibly sheltered life.....must get out more.

The Original Princess said...

No so much a wedding tradition as a drunken tradition :)

Saturday night we, actually not me, placed a loonie or toonie between your cheeks, then you had to walk and drop it in a particular spot in the parking lot. Normally, you have to do the drop in a container which gets progressively smaller as the night goes on. But we had to improvise due to lack of container.

Rainbow dreams said...

how does one play arse darts? and how do you get a team of hot firemen to play it with?

Rainbow dreams said...

ok I was so excited about this I didn't read the comment where you explained...

but fit firemen showing their arses? you lucky people! :)