Friday, April 25, 2008

Random Observations

Again this is a topic I've covered recently but some things are just worth sharing and they don't always mesh into one neat package.

Today as I was coming out of the washroom, guy pulled a Dairy Queen bag off a shelf in front of the washroom, looked it in and said "Fucker!" I noticed the bag the other day and when I witness this, I cracked up. I couldn't even stop myself. I have no idea what his reaction was for. I prefer to assume that "Fucker!" could be interpreted as "Dammit! That's where I left my lunch Tuesday afternoon!"

On another trip the washroom, I was totally amused by the person in the next stall singing the whole time they were in there. When I say amused, I do not mean that I was in awe of their ability. It was more me giggling wondering "Why?".

Yesterday I was out on home visits in a rural area and saw two things that caught my eye.

The first was a house where the occupants had painted their last name over the door in large black letters......and had X-mas light around it. I'm all for seeing your name in lights but this takes it to a whole new level.

The second thing is the sheer volume of old large freezers at the end of driveways with "GARBAGE BIN" spray painted on the side. Thanks for the heads up folks because I almost mistook that rusted piece of crap for some classy outdoor decor. Phewf, close call.

This is an addition after returning of the washroom this afternoon - Navel bearing shirts are not appropriate for the office ANY day of the week.

5 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Alright now, those freezers have lived their life and since we are trying to be a "greener" society we unplug em and use them for storage......don't talk about my heritage like that, half of them can't read so they were proud of their spray can abilities, credit has to be given where credit it due. I think I know the name in lights too....its my uncle.

(tee hee)....

Sunny said...

You saw her today too did you?!!! She's always dressed like that. Now I don't want to be judgmental and kudos to her for having the confidence to think that she could pull that kind of outfit off but really?!!!! I mean REALLY???!!!!! That's the lady that worked with me downstairs that I just couldn't stand and now she works upstairs with me again. Someone up there is laughing at me.
What until you see a hoof or something sticking out of the freezer and then take a picture!

The Original Princess said...

Holy crap Sunny! I can't believe you knew exactly who I was talking about! Well actually I can. I ran into her, literally, as I was leaving the washroom. All I can say is...good god.+

Queen - the last name was Estey and it was right on the highway. For the record, I didn't way where I was but good guess. You're right ;)

awareness said...

where do YOU work? Fuckers? Must've been a fed! haha! Maybe there were fairies in the dairy queen bag and they escaped?

Nice to know freeon is seeping into the earth at the end of driveways.....

what i like are the recycled tubs turned on it's end to use as a backdrop to the virgin mary. Have you seen any of those.

I was on the road today.....to the lovely village of Minto. There was a TRAFFIC jam in the drive thru at Tim's. I was blocked in for 15 minutes!
I noticed a few deer on the way, but MANY homemade crosses and dollar store flowers marking where someone lost their life.... it's so sad how many have had accidents along there.....

Madiegirl said...

So I should return the lights for the gift I was making you ?