Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Flood Watch 2008

Today was another warm sunny day and JennyMac and I decided we needed a walk and a snack around 2:30. We got each got a brownie iced cap from Tims - not sure about drinks I have to chew but I'm open to new things - and a donut. We took a detour getting back to work and she suggested we go check out the flooding river behind our building. Of course I was all over that! So out back we go only to discover a snow bank blocking our view. Well sorta, the water was beginning to come around the snow bank but we couldn't see the boat hut. What else could we do but climb the snow bank? Me in 3 inch high heels. I don't care what anyone says, high heel boots are appropriate for construction site tours, shovelling snow, and climbing snow banks to watch fast moving flood waters. This list WILL grow and I will keep you informed of additions.

Anyway, we are on our now mountain cracking jokes and all of a sudden JennyMac laughs and tells me it caused a snot bubble to come out her nose. It was very funny but would have been funnier had she turned to me so I could see it. After that we made intelligent, not at all ridiculous chit chat about the water and it's encroachment on the parking lot. We got laughing quite hard and then came the inevitable.....

I fell off the snow mountain. Thank goodness I missed the nasty stagnant water pooled at the base. Really it was bound to happened and needless to say my expedition partner had very little sympathy for me. In hind sight, perhaps I shouldn't have laughed so hard at her snot bubble.

Ahhh break time in the spring time. The entertainment possibilities are endless. I think tomorrow I will take my camera. Who knows what fun we could catch on camera if the flood waters peak as fore casted.

I know you're all waiting with unbridled anticipation. I can only guess that there might be some wet feet involved. It's all part of Flood Watch 2008 (mountain climbing expedition included for a limited time).

5 comments:

Queen Mel said...

snot makes you gag, be glad you didn't see.

Anonymous said...

too bad you didn't have your shoveling skirt on with the boots :o)

Sunny said...

It was pretty funny to watch you running backwards down the snowbank. Today the snowbank is surrounded by water....floodwatch meeting this afternoon in the back of the building.

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

You guys are too funny. We want pictures next time for sure. : )

Anonymous said...

Ok, I got a visual of you flailing on the snowbank and almost peed myself laughing. Thanks for the funny.