Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year

I had a blog all planned for today and I'm going to write it later because it is really funny. I'm sitting here at work, and for the record I'm soooo freaking happy to be here. I really mean that but fair warning if anyone calls me Mom, Momma, or Mommy it could get violent. I love my daughter dearly but hearing her call me name relentlessly for 12 hours straight for the last 10 days has worn me down.

So back to my thought. I received an message this morning from a friend saying she has been reading my blog over the last few days. Hi Stacey, nice to have you! It made me want to go back and read entries from the last year. Just for kicks I went to January 1, 2007. I was reading through and the following line caught my eye. A year and 1 day ago I wrote "My theory is that you should just jump on for the ride and take it for what it is. Otherwise, you may miss out on something really good."

Reading that line, I believe it more than ever. When I wrote that line last year, I was talking about friendships. This is I'm applying to life in general. I'm jumping on to see where it takes me and I think it's going to be good.

5 comments:

gypsybug said...

I can feel it in my bones that 2008 will be a great year for everyone. Great doesn't always me good fortune or luck but what it means for me is learning from mistakes and experiencing life to its fullest!

When I first started my blog, I did it because everyone else did (such a follower) now I love blogging!

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

Thank you for the warm welcome Princess. I have added reading your thoughts of the day to my daily routine. I am sure I will not be disappointed. And thanks for some food for thought this fine afternoon. 2008 is going to be great...jumping on for the ride...

gypsybug said...

is feisty Stacey???

Sunny said...

Move over Stacey because I'm going to sit with you. I wanna ride this Crazy Train right to 2009! All abord!! Toot toot!!!

It's gonna be a bumpy ride with lots of twists and turns because we ladies are always full of excitement so it should be a fun and exciting trip.

The Original Princess said...

Woo Hoo! Glad you're all coming along because I love to travel. You know, and this might be useful for the future and perhaps should serve as a warning, when I go away I operate on the notion that "nobody knows me here!" It makes for good times.