Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hi

Hi, remember me? It's okay if you don't, I've forgotten my own name a few times over the past week. It's been a bit crazy. But it won't last forever.
I was in the kitchen earlier thinking that I should right a blog. I thought that I should write about the things I love right now. But as I was thinking of those things, my mind wandered off in a completely different direction. Funny how that happens. I'm going to tell you how it all played out because, quite frankly, the journey from one thought to another amazes me.

Like I said, I was thinking of things I love. At the same time, I was eating Golden Grahams cereal. For the record, I love Golden Graham. I'm sure there is very little nutritional value in them but, whatever, they' re good. Next I started humming the song Me Love by Sean Kingston and thought that I should add it to my list of things I love. So then I started thinking about why I love it. I love the raggae beat of the song because it reminds me of Jamaica. Then I remembered JJ listening to my MP3 player last night and telling me that she loved that song. That made me smile and I started singing out loud.
I started singing the song from the beginning which instantly reminded my of my cousin, Jan. Jan, if you haven't heard this song go find it. You'll know exactly what I mean. The beginning of the song takes me directly back to Lake George where we spent a weekend learning to water ski. Of course at this point I'm leaning on the counter laughing because of the water skiing incident when Jan didn't let go of the rope when she fell. Let me just say that a water induced Atomic Wedgie can reduce a 15 year old girl to tears.

I soon started laughing harder because I thought of Jan calling me the other night at 11 pm. The conversation went like this:
Me: Hello?
Jan: hesitation and then she says Sarah? oh my gosh I'm sorry. I was trying to call GV ( her hubby)
Me: Ha!Ha! That's really funny.
Jan: I was wondering why you were answering his phone then I realized I dialed the wrong number.
Jan: I do that all the time but only to you.
Side note - it's true she does it all the time and it's freaking hilarious. It cracks me up every time.
Me: It's okay, I was only sleeping.
This is followed by both of us laughing really hard for a good 5 minutes.
Me: Okay, I'm going to sleep now
and we hung up.

The next thought after that was about how I convinced Jan to throw away her sister's favourite shirt after she "borrowed" it without asking. Sorry Tracy we were young and stupid.
Then I started thinking about Stephanie's wedding and how much fun it will be to have family function and that I will totally need a new dress.

And that is how I went from thinking I love Golden Grahams to needing a new dress.

11 comments:

Hollee said...

so did you get to eat them all before they went mushy?? lol

Queen Mel said...

I don't know how you can follow the trail all the way back thought for thought? It boggles my mind

lesly said...

My mind is like that too but be dammed if I can keep up with it to remember the entire path - Good job! The worst part is if someone is there discussing how great goldent grahams are with you then you leave them in the dust by suggesting shopping for a dress. Sometimes I wish you could share your thought bubbles with others just so you don't have to keep them up to speed. Can you imagine if your thought bubbles were there for everyone to read all the time? Damn!

LLW said...

Wow, you should write your train of thoughts down more often, very interesting!

I wonder if we all do that to some extent, but just don't realize it...

Hate mushy cereal...

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

That is too funny! Missed ya BTW!

Anonymous said...

Damn you and your Golden Grahams! I read this last night after Aquacize ... and immediately got a craving for cereal. I broke down and had a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats.

gypsybug said...

funny. I thoughts are just as random and funny. thank goodness nobody can read my mind. Right? You can't read it, right? I got my hair cut today. I like it. I opened a can of diet pepsi a while ago and I haven't even had one sip yet. I think I will dump it. what a waste.

Anonymous said...

It took you long enough to fess up to throwing the shirt out... but somehow the topic has continued to present itself! I did love that shirt

Anonymous said...

That is a brain twister! Totally hilarous....but I think even funnier is the shirt owner posting on the blog. TeeHee, that is really funny. Golden Grahams = New Dress......love your justifications for shopping, your the best at that. Get onto writing the things you love post before they get lost in your thoughts :)

proudmamma said...

It has just been brought to my attention that you finally admitted that YOU are the one who convinced me to get rid to the shirt!! I had tears in my eyes as i read this blog...not sure if it was 'cause I was laughing so hard or if it was the memory of the wedgy incident...OUCH!!!
Jan

Madiegirl said...

I love that you tell on yourself
:-)