Thursday, January 03, 2008

Frank's

On New Year's Day we took JJ to Frank's Finer Diner for lunch. She is constantly asking to go there and to El Burrito Loco. She thinks El Burrito Loco is Belle's castle. Anyway, it wasn't open so we went to Frank's. JJ was certainly "on" at Frank's that day. So much so that I started writing stuff down on my place mat so I would remember. Here are a few gems:

* "Mommy, that girls is wearing roller skates. Why is she wearing roller skates?" Me - "I'm not sure JJ ask her." JJ to the girl "Why are you wearing roller skates?" Girl - "I don't really know." When she came back later, JJ stops her and says "I know why you're wearing those...to go faster."

* "Momma, where does bacon come from?" I thought about this for 2 seconds and told her the truth "It comes from pigs." JJ - "For real?!?!" Then I offer her piece of bacon. She looks at it and says "Can I have a piece without ketchup on it? That's my girl.

* "Mommy, where does hamburger come from?" Me - "From cows." JJ- "For real?"

* JJ leaning over to me - "Give me a hug you big furball!"

Before we left Frank's JJ informed me, and half the restaurant, that she had to poop. So off to the washroom we go. We got in there, she sat, and peed. But before she had a chance to finish, the self-flushing toilet flushed. Well, the child got a terrified look on her face, screamed, and jumped of the flush. Holy crap it was THE funniest thing I have ever seen. I will be taking to her therapy next week because I'm sure she is traumatized by the fact that in her moment of need her mother could do nothing but pat her on the head. I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my fact and couldn't even talk.

5 comments:

gypsybug said...

omg! I miss that age! she is a hoot!

Sunny said...

That's even funny the second time around!!! I'm still laughing at her toilet incident.

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

She is just too funny. And the toilet incident, I don't think I would like my butt being on that thing when the big swoosh happened. : ) Poor girl.

Kimmartha said...

We went to Ringo's a couple years ago for my SIL's pre-wedding dinner. T ofcourse had to go to the bathroom about 16 times (he's fascinated with public bathrooms = ew!) The last time was because of #2. When he came out, we were all standing at the top of the stairs waiting to go down and pay, and there is my child, swinging his Spiderman underwear around on his finger like a banner!!! The whole group cracked up - as did I once the shock faded!!

Anonymous said...

I so wish there was magic out there to bottle up all the funny little incidents to replay over and over again when they are older. That way we could unbottle it and replay it over when we are at our wits end with them to put a smile on our face instead of wanting to pull our hair out ;) Have I ever told you about the time in Reitmans when Tori was little and she was a little confused went into a dressing stall and peed on the floor thinking it was a bathroom? That was embarrassing lol.