Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Not Really Blonde

There is a man at work who continually teases me by asking me if I color my hair. He says I must color my hair brown because he's convinced that I'm blonde. I have a tendency to say dumb things on a semi-regular basis. But surprise, surprise, I'm not really that dumb.

I've written posts on how I notice things that other people don't...blah, blah, blah. I may make air-headed comments but I definitely notice what is going on around me. I'm also terrible or really good, depending on how you want to look at it, for giving people the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes that comes back to screw me over but I'd rather have that from time to time than be a bitter, suspicious person all the time. Having said that, I do have my moments when I refuse to give people the benefit of the doubt. But it usually takes repeated incidents for me to get to that point and I usually get over. Hellooooo....how many times have I boycotted Walmart. I always go back because Walmart I could never stay mad at you.

I hate confrontation of any sort. If you hurt my feelings or upset me, chances are I will never say anything about it. It's not that I don't notice that you're screwing me or boycotting me. I notice....I just choose not to say anything. I figure it'll blow over. And if not? Whatever, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'm off to a meeting in about 2 minutes that I have to lead and it will likely be a bit testy. This is not my comfort zone but I'll deal. Some people might be upset with me in the end but...whatever.

I'm cool with the fact that people think this stuff goes over my head. I notice and I keep track. I'll have the last laugh. I'll probably be your boss some day or own your subdivision.

9 comments:

Sunny said...

Princess of Sunrise Estates...not a great kingdom...I expected better from you.
Walmart and I have had a passive aggressive relationship for years. I don't think they notice when I don't go in but I know that I didn't so I am always the winner. Eventually I subject myself to their crap again because I like the pain and the "power" I get from boycotting them again...even if they don't know I'm doing it.

Queen Mel said...

dummies...brunettes can sound dumb too....so this list of observations do you keep it at your desk or in the vault?

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

I read this post with an evil little smile on my face because I like your style Princess. Discretely kick some butt and keep on laughing...

Hollee said...

For some reason I'm hearing the intro to "Pinky & the Brain"! LOL I, on the other hand, have no problem with confrontation so consider me your "Muscle" and lead the way ;) Besides...I drive a 95 Dodge with a rust hole covered in aluminum tape to keep the trunk from rotting out...I got nuthin to lose!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I always *get* you. I know exactly what you are saying probably without ever needing very many words. I too have and believe in the same actions to reactions as you do, must be our black headed not our blonde headed nature :)

Sunny said...

We are all very observant people it seems...too bad Walmart doesn't notice when we snub our noses and just keep walking by. I think our relationship with the Big Box would be better if there was more understanding, more of an attempt to reach out, get to know it's customer. Walmart is such a snob!

Anonymous said...

Are we talking about Walmart as in the store or hypothetically cause I'm lost now.

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

I think the big box needs to get over itself. Didn't you all read in Macleans that they are suffering right now? Too big for their britches and not very nice to the customers. Tisk, tisk...

awareness said...

Keep them thinking always Loralei!

Hope the meeting went well and you got ALL that you wanted.

I would love it if you were my boss!