Sunday, January 27, 2008

Never Say Never

Never say never. Just when you think it's over and you'll never see something again....you get a surprise. Just when you think you've missed your chance...you hear differently. Just look what I found this weekend

NKOTB

Who would have ever thought this would happen. I was so into them in junior high school. And I vividly remember many of my friends liking them just as much. Don't even think of trying to deny it. I will point fingers and tell stories if you do.

I remember when Shelley went to see them in Quebec. I was so happy for her and so totally jealous at the same time. Then there was another time that we did a presentation for french class on them. I bet the rest of the class just loved that ;)

My favourite was Joe but I had a Jordan t-shirt that I wore religiously. Shelley had the same shirt but with her favourite band member, Danny.

So, would I go to a concert if this tidbit of into is real? I'm embarassed to say that I probably would but for the nostalgia. Shelley, you'd come too, right?

4 comments:

Madiegirl said...

O....M.....G !!!!!

YES I WOULD TOTALLY GO !!!! "Step By Step" all the way to where they were holding their concert. "Please Don't Go Girl" without me !!! Sigh....
You know Madison plays with my Danny Wood doll as her boy barbie. He even has the rat tail :-) She even plays with that before anything else she got for that "Funky Funky Christmas" we had.
This has made my night :-D Keep
"Hangin' Tough" sistah and don't forget...you're my "Popsicle" !

Anonymous said...

OMG.....Sign me up...., I'm not ashamed to say that I was in love with them....hehe

Sunny said...

I liked them too. I was a Donny fan myself. I loved his ripped up jeans in the Hangin' Tough video. My sister was a BIG fan! She had so many posters on her wall that you couldn't see the paint. We took pictures of it. When the posters finally came down my mother was really po'd because Kim had used pins to hold of those hundreds of pictures from Teen, BOP and those other stupid girl magazines.
I would be interested as well but I don't think it could be true because Jon has mental instability issues and blames the band for his condition and what's Step by Step without the fourth step "I can give you more" without him? I do hope it's true though.
I gave my sister a Joe doll never out of the box for Christmas a few years ago and a giant floor puzzle as well. Every now and then I'll find stuff and buy it at yardsales and give it to her as a joke....really I want to keep it all for myself!! Crap, don't tell anyone I told you that!!!!!!!

gypsybug said...

I had zero wall space in my room it was all NKOTB! I AM THERE!!!
I was a huge Joe fan, his favorite drink he said was lime and tonix so I think I was the only kid in my school who drank that dumb drink. it was gross. I was positive if Joe met me we would be married today!! I never got to go to a concert of them but all my friends did! my mom never let me do that stuff. I was so insanely jealous of everyone that attended a concert!! if there is a real concert I am going now and mom can't stop me!