Tuesday, June 17, 2008

She's Not British?

I spent my evening helping my beautiful cousin, Stephanie, and her sister-in-law, Jenelle, make Jenelle's wedding invitations. They turned out very nicely. Thanks for the use of your stamp, Jay. It was the perfect touch.

We chit chatted the whole time we worked and we touched on many different topics. We got talking about music and the subject of Madonna came up. I love Madonna and I've been a fan since I was a child. But she is certainly not the same person she was 20 years ago. Of course, people evolve, change, and grow. But this woman has turned British. She speaks even now speaks with a touch of a British accent.

My point was made loud and clear by the last three sentences of our Madonna conversation

Me: "Madonna even has a fake British accent now. C'mon, she's from Michigan."
Jenelle: "She's from Michigan? You mean she's not British?"

Thank you Jenelle. My point exactly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. It's not fake. It happens to everyone ... you pick up the mannerisms, accnts, etc... of wherever you happen to spend most of your time. I know when I spend too much time with my cousins in NH, I start speaking with a New Englander accent. Eww.

Sunny said...

Funny!

gypsybug said...

when I first moved from BC everyone made fun of me because I had a funny accent. BC is a bit like british, not as think but it is way different than the East Coast. But com'on, I did move to Grand Falls, they all had french accents...no wonder they made fun of me!