Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Lied

I totally lied and I'm not afraid to admit it. Last year, around this time, I said that it would be my last summer as a sun worshiper. I meant it, I really did. But I couldn't keep my word. I tried but it's not even July yet and I've already spent considerable time out on the deck in my bathing suit. I love summer.

I'm working on a project at work that doesn't really allow me to take vacation until it ends. Nobody would say no if I asked to take vacation, I don't think, but my work ethic won't let me. Damn ethics. So until mid-August, I'm just going to take a few beach days here and there. And let me be clear, I cannot wait to go to the beach!!

I have plans to head to sit on a purple sand beach and float in the lake with Jenny Mac on Saturday. It's going to be fun. I just need to get myself a beach chair and some water and I'm all set. I could sit on the beach for hours. I always take a book or a magazine but I rarely end up reading. I could just sit there and chat or people watch for the entire day.

This year will be the first year since I was 6 months old that I won't be spending a week in Shediac at the beach. It really saddens me but there is nothing I can do about it. I'll just get in as many day trips as I can. JJ HATES the drive to Shediac. But she did say that is has been a long time since she has seen the giant lobster....so she'll try the drive on more time. I tried to get her excited by pitching the idea as a "girl trip - you and Mommy on the open road". But in the end, it was the prospect of watching movies in the car that won her over.

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

that will work everytime, movies in the car is the best darn thing ever invented.

gypsybug said...

WHATEVER WORKS! When we drove to Florida about 4-5 years ago that was the best thing we bought before we left. On the way home Emily didn't even have the energy to watch movies, she basically slept from FL to NH.

Anonymous said...

I'm off next week. Wanna play hooky and head to Shediac?

The Original Princess said...

I'd love to but I'm covering for my boss next week so I can't take any vacay. :(

Hollee said...

If it wasn' for Movies and Nintendo...I'd probably eat my young on the long drives! LOL

NickyT said...

Better get doing your Sun Worshipper Dance for tomorrow! If tomorrow doesn't get you some rays I'm sure there will be plenty more to spend lounging beach side :) Oh I hear there the liquor store has great bottle Mojitos :)