Monday, June 23, 2008

I Just Can't Look Away

I've been reading a blog every day for about a year and a half now called dooce.com. Her writing makes me laugh out loud on a daily basis. I can really relate to her, I love her sarcasm, and I think she's hilarious. She's been blogging for a number of years and was fired from her job for talking shit about her employer on her blog. Classic!

Anyway, this woman has quite a readership. She doesn't always open the comments on her blog but when she does it's not unusual to see 400-600 comments. I don't take the time to read the comments because she regularly writes pieces about the hate email and comments she receives. She will often copy the comment or email directly into the blog and they are so dumb that they're funny. I don't get the people who write comments or emails saying how much they hate her writing, how bad her blog is, and that they don't know why they read it. It's the same deal with Facebook groups and stuff.

My response is that we must call the police to immediately to track down the horrible people who have the blog readers tied up and are holding a gun to their head FORCING them to read things against their will. It's inhumane and must be stopped.

I also love nasty anonymous comments. I can't take anyone seriously when they are too cowardly to sign their name. If want to leave a nasty comment than have then guts to sign your name. If not, then I don't see how anyone can really care about anything you have to say.

That being said, the exclamation and hate mail blogs that appear on dooce.com are my favourites. So funny.

2 comments:

NickyT said...

Dooce, is the Frontier of Blogging in my opnion! I started reading her right after she was fired from her job. I love her sarcasm and photos on there!

Yeah, anon comments suck. But, when you look at it like you say in a comical sense and find the *funny* in the poster the last laugh ends up being on them not with them. Even, though the words used usually by anon commenters are for hurt, you seem to have nailed a remedy :)

Queen Mel said...

I've kept up with Dooce since you introduced her to me, she is pretty funny and the comments I sometimes will go down through and they are ridiculous.

I know Annon comments first hand and they do look like an idiot!

There is one in every crowd they say.