Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my sweet, sweet little girl. The Littlest Princess turns 5 years old today. It has been a big year for her with many changes. She started kindergarten last week and is handling it like a pro. Every morning when I drop her off, I watch her walk on to the playground. Often none of her friend have arrived yet but she doesn't seem to care. She happily walks over to the swings and does her thing. This morning I was watching in the rear view mirror as she tried to dry off the swing to sit on it.

She just turns 5 years old today but she looks much, much older. She looks older than most 6 year olds yet she is probably one of the youngest kids in her class. I think people expect for from her on a cognitive and emotional level because they think she is much older than she is. But if you took the time to look in her eyes and talk with her, you quickly realize she is a sweet, sensitive 5 year old little girl. She still needs all the things 5 year olds needs.

This morning I said Happy Birthday to her and she said "Am I 5 now?' I said "You sure are!" and a huge grin spread across her face. I hope today is a great day for her.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Happy Birthday to the little princess!!!! She's going to have a wonderful year. I hope she enjoys her birthday today.

awareness said...

5 is best, especially if you're a princess....

tomorrow i have a new 11 year old in my house. he's still 10 as i type this.......only for another hour though! it seemed like just yesterday he was turning 5.