Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Canada Day...I just want to go to sleep now

Today was our annual Family Canada Day party. In the past few years, some of my cousins and their families have not attended but everyone was back full force this year and it was really nice. We had a few honorary families join us too - Hi Wards, MacDonalds, & Davises. I think there were more people there this year than ever before. But even with all those people it was pretty easy going. We have a ton of kids in our family but there are all getting bit older now so we can all relax a bit.

JJ and my little cousin, Gage, get along so well. He is a year or two older and such a little gentleman. He is rough and tumble but he is so sensitive and caring. The water in the pool was higher to day and, much to JJ's protest, I made her wear water wings because there were so many kids. She likes to dive and her wings came off a few times. When those water wings came off, Gage was the first one there to get them for her. He dove off the inflatable dolphin to get her water wing even though he knew he would lose the toy to another kid. Once both of her wings came off and JJ started to struggle. I was just about to dive into the pool to help her and all of a sudden Gage came charging across the pool, grabbed her, and brought her to the side. To put this in perspective, he is older but he is only an inch or two taller. He is "just" tall enough so the water is not over his head. Getting to JJ to help her was not a small feat for him. He is so sweet.

I told JJ I would take her to the fireworks. They don't start until 10:40 and I'm soooo tired. It's going to be a struggle to stay awake to take her. We certainly won't be staying for the whole thing.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Thank you for making me an honorary member of the royal family for the day. Today was fantastic and although I too am tired (and a bit tipsy) we all had a wonderful time.
JJ was having a blast with all those kids and my kids really enjoyed themselves. I don't even want to think about what must have been in that pool today with all those kids!!
The food was phenominal, especially the BBQ'd bologne. Who would have thought?!! Good stuff!!!! You're family is a hoot and I still want to have my hair look like your cousin J's hair. So Desperate Housewives!

LLG said...

Sounds like a good party. We also went to see the fireworks. They were pretty good! We had a good time

gypsybug said...

Bque'd Bologne! WHOO!!
SOUNDS f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c
What a little gentleman, I hope Carter turns out to be such a little man. He is very active and sensitive, makes for an interesting combo. He always says Please and Thank You, and that is without me insisting. He just picked it up fast and likes it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! it is nice that someone (other than me) sees Gauge's soft side and as a Mom I love to hear great things about my children!

The Original Princess said...

Actually Trace, I heard alot of comments at the party about both Hunter & Gage and sweet & sensitive they both are. I've seen the soft side in both of them for years.