Friday, July 04, 2008

After-Schooler: Life at the Top of the Foodchain

Yesterday was JJ's first day back at daycare since last Friday. At our daycare, the kids change classes July 1 for the summer program. When we walked in yesterday, JJ went to her hook and basket and saw that her name was no longer there. She turned to Leonora, a staff member, and said "Where is my stuff?" Leonora said "Well, if I was an after-schooler, where would my stuff be?" JJ's face lit up like Christmas morning.

She is so excited that she is an after-schooler now. The after-schoolers are the big kids at daycare and she is stoked to be part of that club. Last night, JJ was diving into the pool and my dad told her that her dives were looking great. She responded "I am an after-schooler now, Grampie." From the way JJ tells it, it would seem that all good things are directly related to being an after-schooler.

I have no worries about JJ heading off to kindergarten in September. She is ready and very excited. Besides, she's an after-schooler now and apparently they have the world by the horns.

4 comments:

LLG said...

I can just picture her strutting around.."i am an after schooler I own the world" so cute. Ahhh kindergarten the good old days!! She will have tons of fun

Queen Mel said...

those care free days of being an after-schooler.....enjoy JJ.

gypsybug said...

So sweet....you are scrapping these GREAT things she is saying right??

awareness said...

I wanna be one!

I can't believe she's off to Kindergarten already.....