Wednesday, July 25, 2007

In Business

My pole party business is officially up and running. I had my first two parties on Friday and Saturday night. I had a great time at both and I think everyone else did too. I'll let you in on a little secret. There are 2 among us who don't talk about but are very good pole dancers. Let me give you a little hint 1) Jen* Ma*D*na*d 2) M*lan*e Cl*ar**on. I won't say any else but let me assure you they each have career to fall back on if they need it.

I had no problem doing to parties in a row but I was a bit sore on Sunday. The soreness in my thigh, I'm pretty sure, was from the dancing I did at the club after the pole party on Saturday night. Side note - I'm sure Mel was disgusted with my antics downtown. Upon closer inspection on Sunday, I found numerous bruises. I have 2 on my left inside calf that are blue and actually squishy. I have one the inside of each of my thighs too. The one of the right is particularly gross looking.

Now don't let this turn you off of having a pole party. The average person wouldn't have the injuries. But since I'm the teacher, I have to demo the moves over and over again. I'm absolutely certain that between practicing on Friday afternoon and both parties, I did the fireman pole no less than 50 times. The morale here is to try pole dancing and give it all you have but don't do the fireman pole 50 times in a row. Make sense?

On another note, a friend told me today she is taking some time off work today. I was out of the office and didn't get your last email until late this afternoon. I didn't get to reply but you are in my thoughts and I'll definitely try to pop by. I have your gmail address and I'll email you "stuff" dirt from home tomorrow night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're having fun with the pole parties! I want to know what you did downtown that would be enough to disgust someone?!?!

Sunny said...

I know what she did downtown but I've been sworn to secrecy. Right now I am fearing for my life.

That was some parade today down Queen street. We need more of those...more traffic control was needed though. Maybe they should have had a few more cops on the assignment.

krista said...

A new business and fun exercise too! WHAT more could you ask for?

Queen Mel said...

I wasn't digusted by anything, laughed my butt off and shook my head and rolled my eyes a lot but really no different than any other daylight activity :o)