Sunday, July 15, 2007

Pssst...

I hear Princess is back in town. Yup, we left Shediac last night at 6:30. I'm happy to be home. I can only handle sleeping with my daughter for so long. I have bruises all up and down the right side of my body because she digs her toes into me while she sleeps. Let me tell you, I was very happy to sleep in my own bed last night. I love the child to pieces but I don't like sleeping with her at all.

Last night on the way home, Jillie decides she has to "pee or poop" (that is Jillie-code for I have to poop) on our way though Shefffield. Of course there aren't any rest stops around there for us to stop at. We have no choice but to pull over on the side of the road and let her squat. She thinks this is fabulous! We were almost done her business and all of a sudden we were attacked, and I mean attacked by mosquitos. I swear they appeared out of the blue and covered us. I was busy trying to keep them off of Jillie, especially since she had her shorts around her ankles, and I got eaten alive. They were all in the car and Eric was trying to keep them at bay. I'm sure we looked like lunatics with our arms flailing but they were an evil, evil variety of mosquito. We survived but I'm sure I lost pints of blood in the attack. The buggers managed to get up my shorts and leave me a nice size bite on my butt.

Well, I finally convinced Eric to get Jillian's ears pierced. We were walking through Champlain Place on Tuesday and out of the blue she said "Can I get my ears pierced today?" We went for it before he had a chance to veto the idea. Jillie looks soooo cute and she is so proud. She has been asking to have her ears pierced for a few months now. She sat in that chair to have her ears done and was giddy with excitement. She was not afraid at all and didn't even flinch she the did the piercing. When it was done, she asked for a mirror, hopped off the chair and started modeling for everyone. She is very proud and is great about letting me clean them. She is very excited to show Aunt Jenn her earrings today.

We are on vacation for another week but we're going to be around the city. We might take a few days trips but we'll be around for the most part.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe I didn't notice the earrings last night!!! I'm glad she didn't regret it after the fact!!

Anonymous said...

Pssst...she may be back in town, but she still isn't posting much.

Tell us some Jilly-isms. You must have a bunch from this vacation.

Queen Mel said...

YaY! Ears Pierced - great job mama and JJ.....so what is daddy saying now?