Thursday, February 28, 2008

Kindred Spirits

I've heard the term Kindred Spirits a number of times over the last week or so. I heard it again last night while watching Big Brother and I realized that I have never really known exactly what it means. I understood the general idea but not the exact definition. After hearing it last night, I decided to find out today.

Kindred Spirit - someone who feels and thinks the way you do.

It along the lines of what I thought but not quite exactly. I know that I have a perfect match as a kindred spirit. Of course there are a few others as well. But one exact match. Fun!

5 comments:

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

It's a great feeling to find someone like that. Sweet comfort. : )

"The real" MarthaSue said...

ahh yes i have to agree....i too have a kindred spirit...and it is very comforting....

lesly said...

I don't think I have found my kindred spirit. I have lots of great friends that I totally love but no one that thinks and feels exactly like I do. You know - that's probably a good thing : )

gypsybug said...

it's great when you just know it works

awareness said...

Kindred spirits are a gift from God. They are rare gems......

Mine walked into my office one day a couple of years ago .... out of the blue and talked me into writing again and then set me up as a incessantly obsessed blogger.

Through blogging, I have stumbled across another one.....who lives across the pond on an island off the coast of the UK. I am going over there to meet him in May.


With both, I knew immediately... as they did as well......