Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mish Mash of Stuff

I have my internet homepage set to Yahoo and when I got online this morning I saw an article that made me chuckle. The headline is that a woman was charged for careless driving. What was so careless you ask? She was trying to eat a bowl of cereal while driving. I know you think I'm going to ream her for trying that, right? Wrong. I've tried to eat soup while driving. Not from a fast food place either. In a bowl I brought from home. Let me tell you, it's not easy to eat soup while speeding down Route 8 because you're late.

I woke up with a bit of a creative itch this morning. That is big news in itself (is that grammatically correct?). I've been so creatively stunted lately that it's driving me crazy. I have nothing to say let alone to write about. I have no desire to make or send Christmas cards. In fact, I think I'm going to get rid of my stamping supplies. The same unfinished scrapbook layout sat on my table for over a month Decorating is not even on my radar. Clean is good enough for me.

I think the bug bit yesterday. I finished the layout. It just needed a title and I even had the title in my head. I just didn't have the motivation to put it on paper. After that, I used some scraps to decorate an empty coffee can in a Christmas motif. This morning I woke up at 6:45 to watch cartoons with the Littlest Princess. After she left with her Dad at 8:30 am, I did an entire layout. Yup, a whole one. Then I saw the Yahoo article and decided to blog.

I need to get up and do something else before this creativity escapes me again. Who needs a shower anyway? I'll just rub some glitter on myself and call it pretty.

3 comments:

LLW said...

I'm in the creative mode too, although the bug that bit me seems to be set on 'slow mo'; it took me all day yesterday to finish a one page layout, now my stuff is all set out on the table - and I'm loving that - just looking at it...but hopefully by the end of the today I have another page done!

Jon Carson said...

"That is big news in itself (is that grammatically correct?)" - Princess

I think it might be "in and of itself", though I might be wrong.

Sunnyvale, CA (WFN) -- This little factoid might drive you to quit driving: 36 percent of people admit to changing clothes while behind the wheel.

That's according to a recent survey done by Yahoo! Autos, but it gets worse...

-- 20 percent of folks say they like to read the newspaper while driving, while 8 percent admit to shaving.

-- More dangerous still, 2 percent of folks say they actually check their e-mail while driving.

http://www.ncbuy.com/news/2003-01-23/1005978.html

The Original Princess said...

I have changed my clothes and read. Shaving, for a female, is rather difficult. But you never know. I write while driving all the time. I don't check my email because I can't find a network cable long enough ;)