Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Had a Vision

For once I had a vision and it actually worked out. This is not normally the case. Things don't usually turn out the way I see it in my head.

JJ and I are starting completely from scratch with Christmas decorations. As of 2 weeks ago, all we had was a Christmas pickle (thanks Jay!) and a Christmas wine stopper (mine...not JJ's). We have decided to go in a completely new direction. Think color and sparkle. None of that stodgy old monochromatic stuff for us. We felt we needed some pizzaz.

On to the vision. A few months ago I came up with the idea of wiring groups of Christmas balls together to make cluster. Then I thought I would put the clusters on the tree as a base. Much to my surprise, it turned out just the way I envisioned it. We are using only 5 colors on the tree (I had to have some standards). We're using red, silver, green, blue, and purple. The clusters have 4 balls each and the color combos are whatever I grabbed. I love how it looks and I'd like to do the entire tree like this. However, my dear daughter is very excited to put more on. So, of course, that is what we will do and it will be beautiful!

Here are some photos and they do not do the tree justice. It doesn't look as skinny in real life. I got the tree at Michael's last week. I didn't not look as glittery when it was waaaaay up on the display shelf. I'm going to be glittery for months. Maybe it will give my personality some sparkle.

Top part of the tree:

Whole tree:

Cluster:



5 comments:

Sunny said...

Very cool!!! It really did turn out nicely. A little pazzaz goes a long way.

LLG said...

That is very cool. I like it alot!! Good vision

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I really like the clusters. Did you hide the pickle for JJ?

Hollee said...

Super pretty!! Love it!!!

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

I absolutely love it!!!