Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday's Leader

The school my daughter attends is piloting a program that I think is called The Leader in Me. The kids learn and live/work by 7 habits they are being taught. Things like "Think Win-Win, Be Proactive, Being with the End in Mind" etc. I think they've basically taken the 7 Habits if Highly Effective People and adapted it for children. These kids are very much into the program.

So this week is Winter Carnival at school and they've been having dress up days each day based on one of the habits. Yesterday was dress like your favourite sports leader. After some head scratching we came up with a figure skating costume - a tutu and a medal.

Today's theme is dress like the leader you want to be. Oye - that school has it out for me. I was completely stumped for an idea. Even as I was getting JJ dressed this morning I was still trying to come up with something. So I was telling her that I was fresh out of ideas and talking, blah, blah, blah. JJ looked at me that I was out of my mind and said "If I need to dress like leader, I'm just going to dress like you! And then I melted on the floor and it would have been the perfect time for her to ask for a pony.

JJ came up with what she needed to put on to look like me. She decided she needed a ring, a necklace, black shoes (because apparently I wear black shoes every day), and lipstick. We both already have curly hair so that one was in the bag.

She made my day without even trying.

4 comments:

Independent Chick said...

Fabulous post today Princess. Just when you think that all you've ever done or said hasn't stuck...you have a day like this. : ) You're a fantastic Mom so I'm really not surprised. I have to say though, it brought a bit of a tear to my eye and a smile spread across my face. Great Mom = Great Child

"The real" MarthaSue said...

OH wow! that's awesome!

What a fabulous way to start the day! and week...hell that shoudl make your whole year Sarah!

LLG said...

CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Awww... that's so sweet!