Monday, February 08, 2010

Every Once in Awhile.....

My job, for the most part, is pretty negative. Without going into detail, I see people on a daily basis that are in crisis, some are chronically ill, in chronic pain, about to lose their home, living in horrible conditions, sometimes they hate me, sometimes they threaten me. I make a choice not to let it get me down, not to let the negativity take over. Because every once in awhile, I get a chance to make a positive difference for someone, to make their life better, a little easier, to let them know that someone, even a perfect stranger, is willing to step up and go to bat for them. And every once in awhile it works out. Today is one of those days and that makes it a good day.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

it only takes one positive in that line of work to make you forget about all the bad parts.....way to go!

Independent Chick said...

So glad it worked out Princess. If anyone can do it, you can.

Hollee said...

:)