Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Welcome to the Neighbourhood

I think the new fire station is opening next door to my office. I see trucks and firefighters over there. I don't know if it's officially open yet but, if not, it's close. I think the neighbourly thing to do is to go over and welcome them to the neighbourhood. I've been spending some time in my supervisor's office lately (he has a window overlooking the fire station) and one of those times I offered to be the official welcome person for my office. He laughed and said no. I can't imagine why? I think maybe it's because he doesn't like the nose prints that I keep leaving on his window. Stacey and Jen keep your schedules open. We may need to schedule a very important lunch meeting to go over and say "Welcome, boys! Need help washing that truck?".

2 comments:

awareness said...

AFter you welcome them, perhaps you could have a friendly little game of 2NC arse darts? It could become a standard greeting game.....

Glad you're not in the wilderness anymore the firefighters have arrived on the scene!! Time to kick P. out of his office and move in Princess.

Miss you xxx

Sunny said...

I've got my "I heart firefighters" t-shirt all ready to go. I bought a box of them in bulk. You are so lucky and I am so jealous!!!