Monday, February 27, 2012

Adventures in California

I'm back in San Francisco this week.  J has a conference so I tagged along for fun.  We've been here before and it is a bit different the second time around.  We're a bit more confident and we know where we want to go. 

One thing that hasn't changed is how this city makes me feel completely insecure about my looks each time I walk out the door.  I just spent an hour blow drying my hair, curling my hair, and putting on my make up.  That didn't include even include the time it took to shower.  I don't do that home getting ready for work!  California is the land of beautiful people and this city is very on top of the current fashions.  Each time I walk out the door, I feel like a country bumpkin out in the big city. 

Fredericton, NB is about a year behind the fashion here.  The last time I was here, skinny jeans or leggings with boots up to the knee were everywhere.  I wore skinny jeans and boots when I got home but nobody else was doing it.  It took a good year for that trend to take hold at home.  Now, it's very common place.

I've only been here about 24 hours but I'm already noticing the trend here that hasn't hit at home yet.  Skinny jeans with booties.  Booties would be high heel boots that cut off just above the ankle.  They are everywhere.  Unlike the skinny jeans and leggings with the higher boots, I won't be bringing the trend home with me.  But if you want to get a head start, rush out and getting some booties and wear them with your skinny jeans.  Mark my words, a year from know everyone in Fredericton will be wearing them.

No comments: