Friday, November 19, 2010

For the Love of Donuts

My love of donuts is just not natural. It's funny because I'm not really a "sweets person" but I have a weakness for donuts. I stopped at Tim's on my way back to work for coffee and a donut. Fine, I got 2 of them. Whatever. I was eating my donuts while driving in the sunshine. I turned on the radio and lo and behold a song from Dirty Dancing was playing. What more could I ask for? Well alot actually. But you have to be thankful for the small things too, right? For the record, I'm going to be thankful for that pizza and sangria later.
But back to the donuts! So, I'm pretty certain that I could eat a dozen Tim Horton's donuts in one sitting. I'm not fussy about the kind unless it's one of those old fashioned plain. I mean really, what is the good of a donut with no sugar?? My self-respect and, probably more so, my guilt keep me from attempting to eat 12 in one sitting. But let's be honest here, if it was presented as a challenge or a bet and someone gave me the donuts -it would be on! Because my competitive nature would absolutely crush any guilt.

I love donuts. And asparagus - guilt satisfied.

1 comment:

Hollee said...

I worked at TIms for a couple years and could tell you stories that would crush your adoration. Let me know if you need some crushin and I'll hook ya up! ;)