Thursday, September 02, 2010

Kabob Day 3

Last night was Steak Dinner on a Stick. It was pretty run of the mill, to be honest. Steak flavoured with Montreal Steak Spice, those little potatoes from the can, and onions. I served it with salad. It was good but nothing to write home about. I believe I've now spoiled myself with those other fancy schmancy kabobs.

Side note and totally off topic - I was at the $$ store on Prospect St last night and you'll never guess what happened! I was at the cash register and I was 2nd in line to pay. The girls in front of me and 2 carts FULL of stuff. There were probably 6 other customers behind me also waiting to pay so the cashier calls for another cash to open. The new cashier arrives and she says "I can help whoever is next, over here." Usually that means the person at the end of the line makes a made dash to get there first. This is the amazing part - Not one person in line moved. One even touched me and said "You're next." So I made my way around the line to the other cash register and I'm stunned and totally pleased at the civility and thoughtfulness being exhibited here. Then a lady appears out of nowhere and pops up to the cash ahead of me. The cashier said to her "I'm sorry but this lady (pointing at me) has been waiting much longer." Holy hell! I'm flabbergasted. That has never happened to me before. The $$ store on Prospect St is straight out of another world and I think it might be staffed by fairies. Lovely glowing little fairies with my best interest at heart. Yup, that HAS to be it.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

That is amazing! About the $$ store. Wow! You must have walked through a portal or something at the door?

I didn't think people like that exsisted anymore?

Hollee said...

Yeah - it was in the paper...they were taping an episode of the Twilight zone. :)

Anonymous said...

Next time you do steak kabobs, try this dee-lish recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Mustard-Beef-Kabobs/Detail.aspx

Six ingredients and that INCLUDES the beef!