Monday, April 12, 2010

Fashion Faux Pas

I think that perhaps I need to reconsider the outfit I wore today. I was uncertain about it from the get go. I looked in the mirror and thought "Hmm...not really sure." So I decided to seek advice. I asked the Littlest Princess her opinion. Her response was to grab my arm look me in the eyes and say "Don't change a thing, Mommy."
Now in all honesty, I took her opinion with a grain of salt. I enter the outfit she chose for herself yesterday as evidence - a black and white tropical dress that used to belong to me, brown leggings, a white t-shirt with red and pink hearts, a long green dangly necklace, pink skateboard shoes, gobs of pink eye shadow and pink lip gloss. . In any case, I decided my outfit wasn't terrible and that I was too lazy to change.
When I got to work, I received a compliment on my outfit. Oh god, red flag, ALERT, ALERT!!! The compliment giver is a terrible dresser!
This outfit will be removed from the rotation and I certainly won't be asking Miss Fancy Pants for fashion advice in the mornings any longer.
Parenting Lesson #351,128 - Six year olds don't necessarily give the best fashion advice.

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

I think a picture should be taken and entered as Exhibit A? Please? :o)

awareness said...

That is too funny! I want to know who it was that told you that you looked great and turned you off the outfit!!!!

i love you...!

Anonymous said...

I second the motion for Exhibit A!

Anonymous said...

JJ and Regan sound like they'd be perfect partners in fashion!!!

JennyJenny said...

ooo, ooo! Can I guess who it was? I have two names that came to mind before I even finished reading it!!! :)

The Original Princess said...

LOL...I can't say who on here. I'm always surprised to find out who reads this so not taking any chances. I don't think it's anyone either of you are thinking. Jenn - it's not the same person who dresses in head to toe neon green. :)