Friday, January 01, 2010

Circle K

The following conversation took place at the Irving a few minutes ago.

Me: Hi! Can I get a Lotto Max for tonight and a 649 for tomorrow night too? (I was buying ice and sprite for my wine...klassy).
Cashier: You got ID?
Me: Hmmm...actually I don't.
Cashier: Can't sell them to you. (looking like she sucked a big ass lemon).
Me: No worries. *smile and small giggle* This is actually the 2nd time this has happened in the last few weeks and I'm actually 32. (I'll be 33 a month from tomorrow but I didn't tell her that).
Cashier: Sure. (with a snotty look).
Me as my smile disappears: Actually, you hold on I'll get that ID from the car.
I walked back in and put it on the counter. Nothing from her.
You know, I realize she has a job to do and I was fine with it. I said no problem, I smiled and made conversation and was going to go on my merry way. She didn't have to be such a bitch. She has not aged well at all and is probably insanely jealous that at 32 years old and have a youthful face and she has a full grown mustache. Sucks to be you.

4 comments:

Independent Chick said...

Laughing out loud here. Thank you. I needed that. *smile*

NickyT said...

I think the 30's are the new 20's.

Being ID'd makes my day, grump arse clerks or not, hahaha.

I seem to be getting ID'd all the time lately and smile and tell the clerks, "Thanks for the compliment, here is my ID."

Hollee said...

I'm guessing she was bitter cuz she was on the OTHER side of the counter!! lol kudo's on the ID check!!

cuddles said...

Thanks for the smile! Grumpy people in customer service roles really tick me off. Your training must have stuck with me! ;o)