Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kabob Challenge

I have decided that I'm going to eat shish kabobs for supper every night this week. I can't really remember what gave me this idea but I'm on board. Yesterday I added to the challenge by deciding that my kabobs should have a theme each day. They will all be own creations and the idea here is simplicity. I'll let you know what I come up with

Last night I had Jambalaya Kabobs - I skewered chunks of Honey Garlic sausages, scallops, tiger shrimp (I seasoned the seafood with Old Bay). I served the kabobs with rice that flavoured with chicken stock and Old Bay. I also BBQ'd corn on the cob and served it with garlic butter. Voila! Jambalaya on a stick, folks!

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

ha, ha, ha....can't wait to hear about all of the combos.

Did the scallops cook faster than the other stuff?

The Original Princess said...

Nope, scallops seem to take longer than everything else. The shrimp cooks the fastest. Next time I would perhaps put the shrimp on a skewer alone and put it on the BBQ in the last few minutes. The sausage and scallops were took about the same time.

Anonymous said...

Sounds tasty!